Help us celebrate our fourth gardening season with a traditional anniversary theme of fruit and flowers:
* Come and enjoy a delicious meal prepared by
Gary and Elisabetta from Abbey Gardens produce
* Listen to live jazz from Arch1 house band
* Enjoy the event workshops including flower arranging, chess, flower photography, drawing, and children’s crafts
* Explore the garden on one of our garden tours
* Find creepy crawlies in the bug hunt
* Watch a video and slideshow about the history of the garden
* Submit your masterpiece into our annual cake decorating or flower arranging competitions
* And there’s our ever-popular honesty stall and tea and cake stall!
All activities are free. Some activities are at set times including:
Flower arranging workshop – 2:30 – 3pm
Children’s Craft activity – 2:45 – 4pm
Flower photography workshop – 3:30 – 4pm
Bug Hunt – 4:15 – 4:45pm
For consideration in the competitions, entries should be
submitted before 4pm.
Food, Tea, cake and honesty stall produce for donations to the garden.
Friends of Somewhere 'We Made That' have designed a new playspace very near to Abbey Gardens and it's opening with a couple of launch events over the next few days. If you've got kids and live in the Newham area why not visit the Abbey Gardens Harvest Festival AND the new Wild Kingdom all on Saturday!
Weekend Wild Play Activities at Three Mills Green
Saturday 22nd September, 11am – 4pm
Come and explore the new playspace with the help of Wild Playworkers and wildlife photographers.
Monday 24th September 2012
3 – 6pm at Three Mills Green
Join We Made That for the official opening of the Wild Kingdom Playspace! You will find a giant water slide, picnic feast, entertainment, performances & much more amid the new exciting landscape of Three Mills Green. All welcome!
The sun shone, visitors came, many tomatoes were admired, cake was served and some great new patches were made for Lydia's mega-blanket. All round a success ... roll on year two we're ready!