Hamish and I spent a happy couple of hours yesterday afternoon working on the planting plan for next year - at season 4 there's even some crops which have done a 'full rotation'. I love doing the planting plan - it's such a challenge to balance your 'wish list' of plants with 'what will work where' and 'what has grown where before'!
New things we want to try next year include sweet potatoes, purple and yellow beans, dark mangetout and of course some new flower and vegetable combinations.
It's been super busy at Abbey Gardens - we've had our Green East networking night (you can see some nice pictures of this here) including the very popular 'Get Rid of your Glut' table of (largely pickled) products!
This years Harvest Festival went with a swing, a mid event downpour rather adding to the good natured chaos.
Then the very next weekend the Friends group made a cameo appearance on Radio 4's Broadcasting House - Charlie (of course) stole the show ...
It's that time of year again and the Harvest Festival is looming!
This FREE EVENT is on Saturday 17 September 1pm - 4pm
Abbey Gardens, Bakers Row, London E15 3NF
• Take part in the 2011 Vegetable Games
• Enter our sport-themed cake or vegetable sculpture competitions
• Chef Beatrice Millner will be cooking produce from the garden for everyone to enjoy
• Enjoy live jazz music all afternoon from G & G Jazz Trio
• Garden tours and gardening tips from Hamish, our garden club leader
• Tea and cakes for small donations for the garden
• Kids’ activities related to the garden Activities are free of charge.
Food, drink and honesty stall produce are available for donations. Cake competition entries to be prepared in advance. Vegetable sculptures can also be created on the day.
Topics: [Harvest Festival]